Sunday, April 27, 2008

French Toast

I would have taken a picture earlier but I didn't want to stop eating.
Maybe it's my Canadian genes, but I LOVE french toast. I'd forgotten all about it for a long time, but rediscovered it not too long ago. It doesn't have to be an unhealthy sugary treat, though in my mind I lump it together with other food you might eat at IHOP.
It's also super easy. I do not suggest making it in the morning if you don't have too much time, because inevitably it will take longer than you think it will, and you might have an unfortunate egg accident (yes, I'm speaking from experience). But, if you get up early, it's perfect!
Just mix up an egg with a little water, a tbsp or two, and put two pieces of brown rice or spelt bread in until they soak up the egg. One egg should do it for two pieces of toast. Heat a skillet on medium high with a bit of canola oil, and all the bread. Cook both sides for a few minutes, and enjoy with a little maple syrup.

1 comment:

SimplyFoodOnline said...

Thanks for leaving the comment, yes it is nice to know that there are actually people out there who enjoy FOOD (and eating healthy). I would love to hear some of your uses for agave nectar. Stop by the site anytime and I will do the same